The Barony of Cartsburn in the Baronage of Scotland was erected into a barony, and a burgh of barony with the privilege of a weekly market and several fairs, in favour of Thomas Crawford of Cartsburn by a charter of Charles II dated 16 July 1669 (NAS Ref. C2/62/1/57), when the lands of Cartsburn in the Parish of Easter Greenock in the Shire of Renfrew were erected in liberam baroniam, as a free Barony held of the Prince and Great Steward of Scotland .[1][2].
The estate of Cartsburn, also known as Crawfurdsburn, incorporated the lands of Cartsdyke, or Crawfurdsdyke, and part of the lands of Easter Greenock Castle.

[1] Williamson, G. (1894). Old Cartsburn: being a History of the Estate from the Year 1669, downwards, with notices of the families of Kilbirnie, Jordanhill and Cartsburn and Excerpts from the Baron Court Book of Cartsburn. Paisley: Alexander Gardner.
[2] Weir, D. (1829). History of the town of Greenock. London: Whittaker & Co.

The last Crown Charter for the Barony of Cartsburn was granted on 12th May 1858 to Thomas McKnight Crawfurd of Cartsburn and Lauriston Castle, 8th Baron of Cartsburn (1856-1909)